Coconut Butter Recipe
This recipe is the perfect snack if you are craving something sweet – it goes perfectly with a cup of freshly brewed tea.
- 500g of shredded coconut: Make sure it is organic, free of pesticides and preservatives. Also, it is important to use a large amount so that it takes to the food processor.
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt: This is optional – the salt gives them a nice salty-sweet flavour, but you could also use spices like cinnamon, experiment!
1. Toast the shredded coconut in a pan until golden (this step is optional too, you can make this recipe without toasting the coconut but we think it tastes better when it is).
2. Add the toasted coconut and Celtic sea salt to a food processor and blend until liquid. This may take some time, you may need to give your food processor a break so it does not over heat!
3. Pour the butter into your moulds, or on a pan covered with cling wrap and put in the fridge to set until solid.
4. Once solid (this usually takes a good couple of hours), pop out of moulds, place in a zip-lock bag and freeze. Whilst they will last for years in the freezer, we go through 2 batches a week!