Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe
This recipe has to be started the day before you want to use the whipped coconut cream.
- 1 can of full-fat, organic coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: organic rice malt syrup for sweetness, cinnamon, cacao powder (to make a chocolate cream)
- Place the can of coconut cream in the fridge and leave overnight. In this time, the cream will separate from the coconut water leaving a thick creamy layer on top.
- The next day, open the coconut cream and carefully scoop out the thick creamy layer on top, leaving just the coconut water in the can. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer (or if you want a real challenge, by hand), beat the coconut cream until it becomes fluffy and light. Add in the vanilla and any other flavourings.
Whipped coconut cream is best served immediately, but it can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5 – 7 days.