The symptoms of both hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis are one and the same and can be virtually silent in the early stages. For me, I lived much of my life thinking my symptoms were just normal, this was how everyone felt! The symptoms can vary in severity and include:-
- Decreased stamina
- Feeling cold all the time
- Gaining weight easily despite any method used to lose weight (I know people with underactive thyroids who have eaten less than 800 calories a day and still managed to gain weight)!
- Dry skin and brittle hair
- Deepening of the voice
- Poor digestion ie farts!!
- Brain fog – inability to think clearly
- Sweet cravings