Warming Beef Curry
This curry is perfect for healing a kidney yang deficiency and warming your body. Plus, it is inexpensive!
The recipe serves 6.
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1kg beef brisket
- 1 small knob of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth or stock (the Healed by Bacon bone broth works really well in this recipe and adds to its long list of healing benefits)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste, added just before serving
- Fresh coriander and mint, added just before serving
- Sauté onion, garlic and spices in a pan on a low heat until onion and garlic are translucent and spices are fragrant.
- Transfer into a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with the fresh coriander, mint, salt and pepper.