Cauliflower Protein Pancakes Recipe
I know, you’re probably asking yourself if you read that properly – and yep, you did – cauliflower pancakes!
Why cauliflower? Well this post is part of the Our Growing Edge campaign encouraging food bloggers to connect and inspire us to try new things – so we thought why not try a new grain free ‘flour’ alternative…cauliflower!
This is a recipe for when you are craving pancakes but want to avoid the grains and sugar of regular, shop bought ones. Added bonus, they are also a source of protein!
Makes enough to keep you full and satisfy your cravings!
- ¼ of a head of cauliflower
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 scoops protein powder (we use vanilla, but feel free to experiment)
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Optional Add-Ins: ½ tsp. cinnamon, 2 tsp. maca powder, 2 tsp. cocoa powder…or whatever else you feel like.
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil until tender.
- In the meantime, combine all other ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Blend cauliflower until smooth and add to the mixed ingredients – if the mixture doesn’t have the consistency of a batter, add some water.
- Add coconut oil to a pan and cook your pancakes!
- Eat and Enjoy!