Fried Egg Salad Recipe
Because we love eggs so much, here is another recipe for you to enjoy! It’s quick, simple and cheap…and who can resist crispy eggs with a runny yolk?
- 1 cup each of rocket and baby spinach (or 2 cups of any salad mix)
- 1 carrot peeled into ribbons
- ½ cup of snow peas
- 2 eggs
- A large tablespoon of coconut oil
- Celtic Sea Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- A splash of apple cider vinegar
- Add coconut oil to a small pan and heat on high – make sure the pan is super-hot before you start cooking your eggs!
- Whilst the pan is heating up, place your chosen salad mix into a bowl.
- Add the snow peas and peeled carrots to the salad.
- Once the pan is hot, hot, hot, crack the eggs into it.
- Tilt the pan away from you (so the coconut oil doesn’t splatter on you and burn you – and trust us, that’s not a nice experience) and use a spoon to baste the whites with the hot oil.
- Once the whites on top are set, turn off the heat. Underneath, the eggs should be crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the eggs with a spatula and place on your salad.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and splash on some apple cider vinegar.
Sick of salt, pepper and apple cider vinegar as a dressing?