Paleo Pork and Carrot Quiche Recipe
Not only is this quiche crustless (because, lets admit it, the filling is always the best part of a quiche), it can basically be made with whatever you have in the fridge.
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 500g pork mince
- 9 eggs
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 1 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of Celtic sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180oC and oil a baking dish with half the coconut oil.
- In a frying pan, add the other half of the coconut oil and minced pork. Cook until browned.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add salt and whisk until well combined.
- Add the grated carrot, fennel, chives and pepper to the eggs and mix to combine.
- Once the browned mince has cooled, add to the egg, carrot and herb mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the oiled baking dish and cover with the slices of prosciutto.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until set in the middle and lightly browned.
We like to serve this quiche with rocket and baked tomatoes, but you could also serve it with warmed sauerkraut or baby spinach.