Carrot and Jalapeño Omelette Roll Recipe
Looking for something fast and easy to cook for lunch? Our days are jam packed and sometimes our meal prep can slip. This carrot and jalapeno omelette roll is a perfect breakfast or lunch for those of us who are on the go.
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 slices of free range ham
- 1 jalapeño, minced (or more, depending on how spicy you like your omelettes)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2/3 tsp Celtic sea salt
- A couple of dollops of Paleo Mayonnaise (we say dollops because it’s up to you how much you want to put on!)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Heat the coconut oil or ghee in a frying pan and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the grated carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the carrots have broken down slightly.
- While the carrots and onion is cooking, whisk the eggs with the Celtic sea salt, pepper and minced jalapenos in a bowl.
- Line the baking tray with grease proof paper and pour in the egg and jalapeno mixture.
- Spread the carrot mixture on top of the egg mix and place in the oven to bake for 15 – 20 minutes (or until the omelette is set).
- Once cooked, pull the omelette out by using the baking paper and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the baked omelette on a chopping board, spread with paleo mayonnaise and place the ham on top.
- To roll the omelette, gently pull one side of the grease proof paper and start rolling the egg base, pressing it inwards and peeling off the paper as you go.
This post is part of the monthly Our Growing Edge campaign. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Cheryl from Business Chic.