Makes 1 cup
- 200g fresh turmeric, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper (black pepper increases our ability to absorb the curcumin – the active ingredient providing the healing benefits in turmeric)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (again, curcumin is fat soluble so eating it with fat helps with absorption)
- 4 tbsp. whey plus an extra tablespoon to submerge the paste
- Blend the turmeric, coconut oil, pepper and salt in a high-powered blender until it forms a smooth paste.
- Stir in the whey (we suggest 4 tbsp, but how much you add depends on how thick you like your paste)
- Compact the paste into a jar and completely submerge with the remaining whey.
- Store in a cold, dark place for 5 days (checking daily and adding extra whey to cover, if required).
- After 5 days, store in the fridge to use.