Protein Packed Paleo Scotch Eggs Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 400g pork mince
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp. smoky paprika
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to season
- Preheat an oven to 180oC.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water and a pinch of salt (this makes the eggs easier to peel). Over high heat, bring the water to the boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat to low and cook the eggs for 3 minutes (or longer – it depends on how runny you want your yolk).
- After 3 minutes, drain the eggs and place straight into a bowl of ice cold water to stop them cooking further. Leave the eggs in the water until completely cooled.
- While the eggs are cooling, mix the pork mince, fennel seeds, smoky paprika, chives and Celtic sea salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Separate the mix into 4 portions.
- Once cooled, remove the eggs from the water and peel.
- For each egg, flatten a portion of mince in your hand until about 1 cm thick. Place a boiled egg in the centre and mould the mince mixture around the egg, making sure there are no cracks.
- Place each mince covered egg on a baking tray and place in the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the mince is cooked through.
- To serve, cut the egg in half and serve with pickles and mayo…or anything else that tickles your fancy!