The zucchinis in our veggie patch this year have been uncontrollable! And since there is only so much Zucchini cheese you can make, we’ve come up with this zucchini and haloumi fritter recipe! The recipe is super simple and the fritters go perfectly with some homemade mayo and freshly picked tomatoes!
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 block of haloumi, cubed
- Handful of mint
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 egg
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- You can also add some bacon if you want!
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- In a fry pan, add a portion of the coconut oil and dollop in heaped tablespoons full of the mixture – we can fit batches of 3 in our fry pan.
- Once the mixture has browned on the bottom, flip and cook the other side until both are crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve with some homemade mayo and cherry tomatoes.