Winter – the season of comfort food. This recipe is the perfect grain free alternative to pasta.
Makes 2 large servings
- 220g of full fat ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. coconut flour
- 20g pecorino
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt, pepper and nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. butter or ghee
- Rocket, lemon rind and chili flakes to serve
- Place ricotta, eggs, coconut flour and pecorino into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add Celtic sea salt, pepper and nutmeg to the mixture.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Whilst the water is boiling, scoop about a teaspoon of mixture out and roll into a gnocchi sized dumpling.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Once all of the dumplings are made, add to the saucepan to cook.
- When the dumplings float to the surface, they’re ready.
- Serve the gnocchi with rocket, lemon rind and chili flakes.