Zucchini Cheese Recipe
If you have never tried this magical hippy dust called nutritional yeast, hold on tight, because you are about to get hooked on it!
Nutritional yeast contains high levels of glutathione which helps to enhance immunity and reduce inflammation. Added bonus – this magical hippy dust is a great way to add extra protein to meals and snacks. Just 2 tablespoons of it contains 9 grams of protein.
This recipe for zucchini cheese is perfect for anyone following healing diets such as a Paleo diet, Paleo Autoimmune Protocol and a low-FODMAP diet. Whilst it doesn’t contain any dairy, the nutritional yeast adds a nutty, cheesy flavour that is very satisfying.
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp gelatin
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Line a pan or container with baking paper.
- Place the peeled and sliced zucchini in a pan, cover with water.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the zucchini is soft.
- Drain the zucchini and transfer to a blender with the other ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Poor mixture into your pan or container and spread to an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set.
- Remove and cut into desired sizes. Enjoy!